Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Going on.

Yup, still in the Park. Mount Rainier that is. Filling in every now and then here in the Dispatch center. I've found that I enjoy working out in the field as Law Enforcement much more than working in Dispatch. There's a possibility of some staff shortages on the East side, so maybe I can start early over there for my summer seasonal.

Amber is kicking butt at school. Our situation isn't perfect, but we're making it work. It's hard spending so much time away, and really it's more my choice in career that has done that. We have a very strong and understanding relationship, so we can deal with these situations very well, and have done so in the past. It's the future I'm worried about. In about 2.5 years Amber will graduate, and then she'll be shipped off to the Army. Then the Army will ship her off to who-knows-where once she's done with training. That's fine and dandy with me. It can probably work out pretty well if I'm still a seasonal. I'd be able to move around more easily. But, I'm very into trying to get a permanent position with the NPS, and after that it may be more difficult to move around and get near to where she'll be. On the other hand, she is only in for 3 years, then after that she would be able to move wherever she cared to, and able to do the Optometry thing.

Life just ain't easy sometimes I guess. And we're making the most of what we have. And surprising to some, it's quite a bit for how much time we have to spend apart. Definitely love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home