Monday, April 17, 2006

To the future, and beyond.

Thanks Buzz.

I'm sitting along at night, playing this magical keyboard. The music that pours from it's soulful taps streams across the room as little 1's and 0's.

Work is soon to come, and the timer has already started ticking. 10 days of work 14 days total. After today it will only be 8 more trucks that need to be unloaded by my hands. They've already buttered me up, trying to get me to come back and work for them this fall.

I nod my head, agree that it's a good deal, then procede with the work that is at hand. Never say never, but hopefully I won't be back in the red and khaki come fall time. As I've said before though, I'll miss the folks there. I'm just ready to become a human being again.

Law Enforcement is looming on my horizon, and I'm nervous and excited about it. How many drunks am I going to wrestle this summer, will I ever draw my gun. Never know, but I can most assuredly expect some blood and guts stuff. I'll be getting medical calls while I'm there, and I'll have to put my First Responder skills to use. This, out of everything, has me the most nervous. Will I have to make the life saving decisions? Am I prepared for that. This summer will tell.

In two weeks it's off to the folks in Montana for a week or so. Hopefully I can give them a hand on the corral that's been going up for over a year now. Maybe I'll be enough encentive to get it done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home