Thursday, June 02, 2005

Fly like an eagle

Let the Eaaaaaagles soar!!!!

Yup, on Memorial day I took to the skies above my hometown of Plains, MT. My father in-law set up a flight for me with a local farmer. It was only about a 30 minute ride, but it felt like I was up there forever, but it also felt like it was over too quickly. You know that feeling, you keep thinking back on it, and it seemed so short.

The great thing was flying around the valley where'd I had grown up. Seeing my old stomping grounds from the air was a real treat. Also, just the whole layout of things surprised me a bit. Whereas it never seemed so organized and planned out, when you're up there you can see that roads and streets were layed out with meaning.

So, my little love affair with flying has just increased 100 fold. Don't know how excited my wife is about that, but she seemed happy to see me happy. So, in the next couple of years I'm looking at getting my private pilots liscense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home