Monday, June 06, 2005

A walk

Finding the women of my dreams has satisfied me to untold bounds. Having found this women 7 years ago when I was only 16 still mesmerizes me. Marrying her just about 2 years ago solidified our affections for each other.

7 years has created a very comfortable relationship. So comfortable in fact that I have to be careful that I don't find myself slacking. Our normal routine(probably influenced moreso by me) is she'll watch TV and I'll hang out on my computer. Obviously not extremely healthy for a relationship. Not all of our time is occupied by this routine, but it's definitely a routine. We greatly enjoy chatting about life the universe and everything. And taking long road trips are another high point to our relationship.

I've been in a veg state for a few weeks now, but now it is time for packing up and moving out. This I know WILL create stress. I'm discovering that how I deal with stress is to actually calm down. I don't get angry, I don't get flustered, something in my mind just clicks and I sit back and just work through things. From a past of losing my temper this feels amazingly great for me.

Today things were moving along, we began settling into our routine, when Amber asked if I would like to go for a walk. My mind instantly looked for ways out, but something inside said "Awesome, let's go". So we grabbed a few pieces of bread to feed to the ducks at the duck pond, and took off. We walked by the duck pond, but there were quite a few people, so we walked past acrossed campus. I believe that Amber's true intent was just to walk around campus a bit, but I steered us down a side street and we just walked looking at neat houses along the way. Soon enough we found ourselves downtown. We popped into a bookstore, and I found a used copy of Band of Brothers for her. She loves the mini series by HBO, so I figured she might enjoy the book as well. Just a few shops down, we grabbed Pita wraps for lunch. We kept cruising downtown, then turned back towards campus in a roundabout way. We went by the first apartment we lived in together before we were married. Walked the same walk we'd walked a hundred times before on our way to classes. Then back across campus to the duck pond. This time it was all ours, and we were able to watch all the ducklings paddling around, cute little fuzzy fellas. And back home.

In my recent comatose state I'd forgotten the joys of just being with Amber in a non-distracting environment. My love for her is so strong that I feel that my heart will burst out of my chest at any moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home